Server Room Air Conditioning

Our second most popular application for air conditioning. Our systems will keep your IT equipment running nice and cool and help prevent costly server/equipment failure due to excessive heat...

Server Room Air Conditioning

Small to Medium Sized Businesses…

The most common scenario we see is a small box room filled with servers that are overheating! With space at a premium it’s not surprising that we see this all the time.

For this kind of small room environment we can provide standard high wall mounted units which will cool the air down within the room to an acceptable temperature – to keep your servers running without problems.

Most modern servers can withstand temperatures of up to 30degrees Centigrade but often we’re told by IT experts that hardware failure rates increase when this is the norm. We normally recommend server rooms are operated at around 22c +/- 2c. This way it keeps the electricity bill down and the hardware functioning without any heat-related problems.

Our most popular packages are as below:

Top Of The Range – Standard Series (7 Year Warranty)

  • Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-SF Series 2.5kW System
  • Suitable for Server Rooms of Approx. 5m2
  • Energy Efficient Inverter Unit
  • Energy Efficiency Class A++
  • SEER: 7.6
  • SHR: 0.92Sensible heat ratio (SHR) is the term used to describe the ratio of sensible heat load to total heat load. This can be formulated as: SHR = qs / qt qs = sensible heat (kW) qt = total heat (kW) For example, an SHR value of 1 would mean that an evaporator would only cool the air/equipment, i.e., a purely sensible load. On the other hand an SHR value of 0.8 would mean that 80% of an evaporator load is used for cooling air/equipmenet (sensible load), while the remaining 20 % would provide dehumidification (latent load). You should total up the electrical consumption of your servers (i.e. 2 x 500W power supplies would total 1000W or 1kW of Sensible Load). Multiply the nominal rating of the machine by the SHR to get the total Sensible duty of the machine. If your computer equipment exceeds the sensible capacity of the machine then it will not cool the equipment adequately. Please contact us for further clarification.
  • Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-SF Series 3.5kW System
  • Suitable for Server Rooms of Approx. 7m2
  • Energy Efficient Inverter Unit
  • Energy Efficiency Class A++
  • SEER: 7.2
  • SHR: 0.80Sensible heat ratio (SHR) is the term used to describe the ratio of sensible heat load to total heat load. This can be formulated as: SHR = qs / qt qs = sensible heat (kW) qt = total heat (kW) For example, an SHR value of 1 would mean that an evaporator would only cool the air/equipment, i.e., a purely sensible load. On the other hand an SHR value of 0.8 would mean that 80% of an evaporator load is used for cooling air/equipmenet (sensible load), while the remaining 20 % would provide dehumidification (latent load). You should total up the electrical consumption of your servers (i.e. 2 x 500W power supplies would total 1000W or 1kW of Sensible Load). Multiply the nominal rating of the machine by the SHR to get the total Sensible duty of the machine. If your computer equipment exceeds the sensible capacity of the machine then it will not cool the equipment adequately. Please contact us for further clarification.
  • Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-SF Series 5.0kW System
  • Suitable for Server Rooms of Approx. 10m2
  • Energy Efficient Inverter Unit
  • Energy Efficiency Class A++
  • SEER: 7.2
  • SHR: 0.70Sensible heat ratio (SHR) is the term used to describe the ratio of sensible heat load to total heat load. This can be formulated as: SHR = qs / qt qs = sensible heat (kW) qt = total heat (kW) For example, an SHR value of 1 would mean that an evaporator would only cool the air/equipment, i.e., a purely sensible load. On the other hand an SHR value of 0.8 would mean that 80% of an evaporator load is used for cooling air/equipmenet (sensible load), while the remaining 20 % would provide dehumidification (latent load). You should total up the electrical consumption of your servers (i.e. 2 x 500W power supplies would total 1000W or 1kW of Sensible Load). Multiply the nominal rating of the machine by the SHR to get the total Sensible duty of the machine. If your computer equipment exceeds the sensible capacity of the machine then it will not cool the equipment adequately. Please contact us for further clarification.

Download the product brochure sheet: Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-SF/GF High Wall Mounted Unit Specification Sheet

Middle Of The Range (5 Year Warranty)

  • Mitsubishi 2.5kW System
  • Suitable for Server Rooms of Approx. 5m2
  • Energy Efficient Inverter Unit
  • Energy Efficiency Class A++
  • SEER: 7.18
  • Mitsubishi 3.5kW System
  • Suitable for Server Rooms of Approx. 7m2
  • Energy Efficient Inverter Unit
  • Energy Efficiency Class A++
  • SEER: 6.97
  • Mitsubishi 5.0kW System
  • Suitable for Server Rooms of Approx. 10m2
  • Energy Efficient Inverter Unit
  • Energy Efficiency Class A++
  • SEER: 6.25

Download the product brochure sheet: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Inverter Wall Systems (SRK Range)

Please note that these prices are indicative installed prices. Exclusions and assumptions apply. Please contact us for further details.

Larger Organisations…

The next step up from our small server room units (using off the shelf solutions) are the much larger high wall mounted units or in-ceiling cassette type systems. Typically these are used for high server load within a small area.

  • The high wall mounted units range from 7kW to 10kW nominal cooling duty.
  • In ceiling cassettes range from 7kW to 14kW nominal cooling duty.

Our most popular larger packages are as below:

Top Of The Range – (7 Year Warranty)

  • Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-SF Series 6kW System
  • Suitable for Server Rooms of Approx. 12m2
  • Energy Efficient Inverter Unit
  • Energy Efficiency Class A++
  • SEER: 6.8
  • SHR: 0.79Sensible heat ratio (SHR) is the term used to describe the ratio of sensible heat load to total heat load. This can be formulated as: SHR = qs / qt qs = sensible heat (kW) qt = total heat (kW) For example, an SHR value of 1 would mean that an evaporator would only cool the air/equipment, i.e., a purely sensible load. On the other hand an SHR value of 0.8 would mean that 80% of an evaporator load is used for cooling air/equipmenet (sensible load), while the remaining 20 % would provide dehumidification (latent load). You should total up the electrical consumption of your servers (i.e. 2 x 500W power supplies would total 1000W or 1kW of Sensible Load). Multiply the nominal rating of the machine by the SHR to get the total Sensible duty of the machine. If your computer equipment exceeds the sensible capacity of the machine then it will not cool the equipment adequately. Please contact us for further clarification.
  • Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-SF Series 7.1kW System
  • Suitable for Server Rooms of Approx. 14m2
  • Energy Efficient Inverter Unit
  • Energy Efficiency Class A++
  • SEER: 6.8
  • SHR: 0.78Sensible heat ratio (SHR) is the term used to describe the ratio of sensible heat load to total heat load. This can be formulated as: SHR = qs / qt qs = sensible heat (kW) qt = total heat (kW) For example, an SHR value of 1 would mean that an evaporator would only cool the air/equipment, i.e., a purely sensible load. On the other hand an SHR value of 0.8 would mean that 80% of an evaporator load is used for cooling air/equipmenet (sensible load), while the remaining 20 % would provide dehumidification (latent load). You should total up the electrical consumption of your servers (i.e. 2 x 500W power supplies would total 1000W or 1kW of Sensible Load). Multiply the nominal rating of the machine by the SHR to get the total Sensible duty of the machine. If your computer equipment exceeds the sensible capacity of the machine then it will not cool the equipment adequately. Please contact us for further clarification.
  • Mitsubishi Electric PKA-RP Power Inverter 10kW System(Save £360 + VAT by choosing a less efficient 'Standard Inverter' 10kW unit)
  • Suitable for Server Rooms of Approx. 20m2
  • Energy Efficient Inverter Unit
  • Energy Efficiency Class A+
  • SEER: 6.1
  • SHR: 0.73Sensible heat ratio (SHR) is the term used to describe the ratio of sensible heat load to total heat load. This can be formulated as: SHR = qs / qt qs = sensible heat (kW) qt = total heat (kW) For example, an SHR value of 1 would mean that an evaporator would only cool the air/equipment, i.e., a purely sensible load. On the other hand an SHR value of 0.8 would mean that 80% of an evaporator load is used for cooling air/equipmenet (sensible load), while the remaining 20 % would provide dehumidification (latent load). You should total up the electrical consumption of your servers (i.e. 2 x 500W power supplies would total 1000W or 1kW of Sensible Load). Multiply the nominal rating of the machine by the SHR to get the total Sensible duty of the machine. If your computer equipment exceeds the sensible capacity of the machine then it will not cool the equipment adequately. Please contact us for further clarification.

Download the product brochure sheet: Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-SF/GF High Wall Mounted Unit Specification Sheet or Mitsubishi Electric PKA High Wall Info Sheet

Custom Built Server Rooms or Data Centre Environments…

We can provide up-flow or down-flow close control systems to provide bespoke solutions. These systems can incorporate the latest free-cooling technologies, humidity control and +/- 1c temperature control.

The most popular configurations are as below:
Denco Upflow and Downflow Diagram

Please contact us for a free, no obligation, consultation and quotation.

Latest News!

Founding Director, Roy Dearden, wins the coveted Institute of Refrigeration’s Service Engineer Lifetime Achievement Award!

Kool-it’s Director wins IOR Service Engineer Lifetime Achievement Award! Our founding director, Roy Dearden, last week won the coveted Institute of Refrigeration’s Service Engineer Lifetime Achievement award! The IOR Service Engineers’ Section makes a lifetime achievement award to recognise an individual’s…

Read more

Kool-It Celebrate their 44th Birthday!!

2016 is another big year for Kool-It – it’s our 44th Birthday! Roy and Mary Dearden started the company in 1972 (our original name was Salford Refrigeration). This year has been made extra special with our founding Director, Roy Dearden,…

Read more